VIRTUAL JOURNEY HOME
For health and safety reasons we have cancelled the fourth biennial Celtic Connections. The cancellation presents a detour in our “Journey Home.”
However we know that you want to further your education, so we are investigating ways to provide this conference electronically. If our investigations are successful, our journey home will become a virtual experience.
What will this new reality look like? At a minimum, there will be
- On-demand presentations: Pre-recorded talks by many of the CCC ’20 presenters will be available to view online between July 31 and August 31.
- Live “chats”: During that time period there will be moderated chats for presenters and participants to exchange information around various tracks or topics.
- Electronic syllabus: We will provide an online version of the conference syllabus.
As you continue to practice social distancing, watch our Celtic Connections Conference website for updates on the virtual “Journey Home”: http://celtic-connections.org/. Please direct your questions to email@example.com.
Donate: If you would like to make a contribution to help us defray the costs we’ve incurred, please make a donation using your credit/debit card or PayPal account.
Full refunds were issued automatically to those who had already registered for the Conference.
- Registration: If your Registration fee was paid by credit card, you received a full credit on your card. If you paid by check, a refund check was mailed to you in late April.
- Lodging: All reservations made within the Celtic Connections Conference block at the Westin Chicago North Shore for 7/29/20 thru 8/3/20 were cancelled for us by the Westin. If you are still interested in staying at the Westin Chicago North Shore, please go to westinnorthshore.com to make a new reservation. If you made reservations for dates outside this range, you should cancel them by calling the hotel at 847-777-6500 (or Marriott at 800-937-8461). There is no option to cancel online.